Currently we have next open position
Opportunity: Network Specialist
Team: Valo Networks Operations
Valo Networks is an organization striving to build and develop Fiber to the Premise (FttP) Networks and Services to mostly rural Canadians. Valo Networks is looking for a Network Specialist to join their team. This Network specialist will be responsible for supporting the design, implementation and operational support of Valo’s rapidly evolving network infrastructure.
Position reports into the Team Lead; Network Operations. Together with the operations team the Network Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
· Develop architectural and design standards for highly automated and supportable, Internet core network, FWA and GPON based FttP access architectures.
· Create the network design documentation and implement the designs support growth and evolution of the network.
· Evaluate and/or develop technologies and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the network design process.
· Test and evaluate new technologies and tools and monitor evolving technologies (PON) for possible introduction into the network.
· Provide operational support of the network including proactive monitoring and management, using scripts and other OSS tools and reactive support including network troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
· Work as part of the team to develop and continuously improve network operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) through automation, optimization of the network architecture and operational process optimization
· Participate in on-call network support rotation.
· Test, schedule and implement software upgrades required to network devices to address bugs or enable new features.
Key Technical Skills and Qualifications:
· Experience with Linux and automation scripting tools such as Python/Ansible or similar.
· Working knowledge of Fixed Wireless, and Fibre systems, including GPON and XGPON based FttP architectures.
· Experience with troubleshooting IP, Fixed Wireless and PON based networks.
· Experience with Operational Support Systems (OSS) including SNMP or Netconf based network/performance management, DNS, DHCP, etc.
· Understanding of security architectures including hardware (firewalls, IDS, VPNs, etc), systems and processes.
· Knowledge or hands-on experience with routers/switches and associated protocols such as IPv4/IPv6, BGP and OSPF is desirable. Experience in Juniper / Arista equipment.
· Knowledge of or experience with GIS based systems such as QGIS or ArcGIS is an asset.
· 3 – 5 years experience in network engineering / network systems management.
· Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
Soft Skill Competencies:
· Interested in continuous learning and open to new challenges.
· Works extremely well in a collaborative team environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Ability to prioritize and organize time to follow through with assigned functions while maintaining a high standard of quality, and to deal with multiple overlapping projects.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Were always looking for good people – please feel free to reach out!